Saturday, August 04, 2007

Blog Sweet Blog

I consider myself a fairly open minded person, as open minded as my religion would allow me. So I guess that would make me a conservative open minded person! At work, I am labelled as the most conservative person in the entire company (exhibit one). Which I personally don't mind, since many of my colleagues are mun7aleen a5laqeyan anyway (So much for not being judgemental!!)

But yesterday for some weird reason I just couldn't explain what I was going through. I got to know that one of my brother's closest friends is applying to work at the same company. He was applying for a position within a team I work closely with.

I have never seen my brother's friend, I don't even know how he looks like, I never had to deal with him, because that is the way things are in here.
But now, if he got the job, I will have to work with him. He will get to know that I am X's sister. We have to be on friendly terms!!!

Now I have to make this clear, I am not doing anything that would offend my brother in any way. (This is where exhibit one comes in handy) And since I have no skeletons in my closet and since I know that I will always be someone's daughter, someone's sister, and maybe someday someone's wife and someone's mother; this situation should not bother me.

But the truth is, it is.

4 comments:

The Ego said...

I'm confused... why does it bother you??? Is being on friendly terms with your brother's friend a bad thing?

Brave Heart said...

me too confuse as well, i think it is normal thing. i think we (this generation) make things difficult for us an assume things don't related to the normal life or normal facts, as far as the relation build on the respect and the friendship in the job , things must be ok 4 all of u,ur brother, brother's friend and u

clayfuture said...

Chill!! so what if he's your bros friend!! Who knows you might get to like him!! ;)

BTW.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY (in advance!)

Anonymous said...

Why it is difficult?