Monday, January 29, 2007

عازبون بلا حدود

This post has been lying in my dashboard as a draft for a couple of weeks now.
Finding this blog; got me to finally post it.

Why should I get married?
What is so wrong with just staying single?
I have a good job, I make a decent living, I can even afford luxury once in a while.
I have a family that loves and supports me -well most of the time-
I have friends who support me when my family does not (lol)
I have my share of freedom, I can always get more of it, but I am not complaining.

So why does everyone think that I need a man to complete me?
And what are the chances that the person I will marry would be able to provide me with a better life?

Mystery: Why do people refer to their partners as their better half?
Better half? huh? but wouldn't that mean that my husband would be my better half and I would be his worse half?

2 comments:

Brave Heart said...

i think we have wrong understanding about marriage issue, while most of guys need just to get married what ever the second partner is,there is a view group like u Hanan ,asking what can marriage provide them.my point is the marriage is a joint venture between two both give and take ,not just one acquire the other,is not what one can provide to the other just because they got married, it is about how they can support both of them to succeed.
i'm now 30 years ,believe me i never thought i will get married for the same reasons u r mentioned,but now in this last year i start to change my thoughts,coz i felt that i cant continuous this journey by myself i need some one to discuss with him share the risk and success.it is not about who the better or worst half it is about who we will be choose.
good luck

bo_sale7 said...

i couldnt agree more

nice blog