Saturday, August 12, 2006

Hanan of Arabia

My 3 years old niece was spending the night with me.
Tucked in her bed, and right before she slept, she looked up at the ceiling and asked me:
Baby: 7anan, Allah foug?
Me: yes, he is everywhere. (Thinking: where did that come from?!)
Baby: Allah boy?
Me: La he is not
Baby: Allah maye7ebny?
Me: (In utter surprise) La Allah ye7ebbech! Allah ye7ebna kelna!
And she dozed off.

My last words kept on echoing in my head and made me think of my past few days.
It was the answer to all my unasked questions.

I got my sign.

1 comment:

SZ said...

Salam there.. cute niece.. her questions says that she is smart allah ye7fa'6ha..

just a side note.. Allah isnt everywhere... He is UP, above the heavens, on His Thrown. That's stated in a hadith.. also, it does makes sense cause if He was everywhere then we are imposing the usual limits that we know on Him. For example, if He was everywhere then Is He in the cup? DOes he take the shape of the things around us.. this just doesnt make sense..


btw. If your boss doesnt know how to read, then teach him/her lol