Saturday, August 05, 2006

Let go of me

I talked to my manager before he left on his annual leave that I will be submitting my resignation the following week. In utmost happiness he accepted it with no words of remorse whatsoever.

Upon completing exactly one year at the company and not a day more, I submitted my resignation with no second thoughts.
As neither my boss nor his manager, nor the General manager are available my resignation could not be accepted!

Now, the person in charge did contact my manager, but he did not receive any reply yet. Surprise surprise! My boss was not helpful when I was a full time employee and he had my loyalty, would he be helpful now that I am leaving?!

Funny how selfish some people can be, when I told him about my decision, my manager started bragging about an offer he got from somewhere else. " It's a very good offer, better than my current package. I wanted to work there, the housing allowance was less, and I didnt want to move to Dubai." Dude! How can it be a better offer when you are getting less allowance?!

No comments: