Tuesday, March 27, 2007

My mun7aref Baby

While driving back home the other day, I hit the pavement and messed up the car's axle or meezaneya as we say it.Apart from the tilted steering wheel el7amdillah nothing happened to the car or anyone inside it.

I didn't really know what happened and I didn't know what to do.
So I park the car in a laybay and call my brothers for help. My brothers being my brothers asked me to ignore the message on my dashboard and drive back carefully.
I was still on the phone when a car stopped by and a guy in a beanie cap asked me whether I was waiting for the dawreyya (police) I said no the beanie guys goes like: " I saw you hit the pavement, you better call the police. It's your cars axle that got hit not the tyre nor the rings. Otherwise this will cost you a fortune"
I thank the Fa3el 5air and call the police.

Here is the weird part: you would think the police would answer in a couple of seconds right? Guess what? They don't!
They answered me about 30 seconds later and enjoyed making fun of me and my driving! But that's a different story all together!

Anyways, Nice Beanie Cap guy if you are reading this: You are genuinely nice: I personally wouldn't do such a thing! Thank You !

6 comments:

Arab Lady said...

haha lucky to meet nice guys on the road..the other day a local guy followed me all the way from Emirates road to my home in shj:S i was about to kill him..and guess wut i did exactly have done..calling my brooo..aren't they usefull somehow!

Brave Heart said...

Hmdelih ala alslama.
u r lucky that police answer u in 30 seconds, if u r in libya may be they answer u after u die.
be careful second time

ray said...

did the police come around?

a few weeks ago i was home alone with my best friend and we started hearing strange noises outside.. call up the police he says isn't there a man in the house with you? i tell him none of ur business, he says okay we'll send a dawriya to come check it out and check out the area.. i wait almost 3 hours and no sign of police nor do they call 2 check.. i could've been killed for all they knew :p

but don't worry, it happens and should be simple 2 fix :) what car do u drive anyway?

Hanan said...

Arablady: I guess the nice ones are rare to find! You always bump into the ones that mistake stalking with flirting!

Brave Heart: Allah yesalamek. The other time I called the police to report an accident I have seen, raddaw 3alay 3ala 6ool. That's why esta'3rabt when it took them 30 seconds or so.

R: You know if I were you I would have been glad enneh they didnt show up! I mean asking whether there is a man home? Scary!
I drive Mercedes C230 Sports Coupe and I love my baby! :(

Brave Heart said...

it seems u always make an accidents
drive carefully.

Hanan said...

No No, this was my first accident. The other time I called the police was because I saw a woman 6ay7a feshare3 after an accident and there was noone to help her. That's why I called the police.
I try to be a good citizen! =)